- Boil water and pour the walnuts. Leave in water for several minutes
- Drain the kernels and let stand and cool
- In a bowl, soak the bread in milk
- Peel the walnuts and place them in a food processor (or mortar) along with the squeezed bread (use the strainer if necessary and store the excess milk), garlic, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, marjoram or wild herbs, extra virgin olive oil, salt.
- Blend to get a thick and smooth cream.
- If necessary, use the excess milk to make a creamier sauce
The Walnuts Sauce is ideal to dress pasta dishes. It is a traditional sauce used in the North of Italy (Genova) to flavor pansotti, ravioli made with low-fat filling, herbs (wild or not) and cheese.
The walnuts sauce is also delicious with trofie with chestnuts, corzetti, spaghetti, linguine and tagliatelle with spelt.
- ½ garlic
- 180 gr walnuts
- 30 gr Parmigiano Reggiano
- 20 gr pine nuts
- 4 gr marjoram or wild herbs
- 70 gr extravergin olive oil
- 25 gr breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste (optional)