- Grape the pomegranates and weigh the seeds
- Pour them in a bowl, mixing them half weight of brown sugar
- Leave everything covered, not in the refrigerator, for 12 hours.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick saucepan, add a spoonful of agar-agar and a tablespoon of spicy paprika for each kilo of mixture and bring to a moderate boil for one hour
- Let it cool down
- If the consistency is the desired one, it is brought back to a boil and invaded
- If it is necessary to thicken, continue the boiling again half an hour and proceed as above
- This preserve is excellent to accompany roasted or boiled meats, but also cheeses with a strong taste.
- If desired, it can be diluted with apple or red wine vinegar.by Erbette & Aromatice – Editions of Baldo February 2017
spicy paprika powder