- Wash the cherries, ston them and put them in a large bowl (gloves are recommended)
- Add sugar, 1 liter of water and 90 ° C alcohol. (star anise and cinnamon if you like)
- Place the bowl in a cool, dark place …. for 30 days and stir occasionally.
- Remove the black cherries (star anise and cinnamon stick) and strain the liqueur with a dense mesh strainer.
- Bottle (using a sterilized bottle) and let stand for 2 months or more.
You can also serve a glass of fresh water with the addition of a spoonful of black cherry liqueur (refreshing drink, perfect during the summer).
The black cherry liqueur can be used in the preparation of cakes, pies, sorbets and ice cream.
1 kg of fresh black cherries 1 lt of alcohol 90 ° C 1 liter of water 1/2 kg of brown sugar Star anise and 1 cinnamon stick (if you like)